Friday, September 23, 2011

Favorite 2011 Summer Adventure

Well the summer of 2011 has come to a close, and looking back I wanted to post a few photographs from my favorite adventure from this summer. My first real visit to Cincinnati, Ohio. We stayed four days and toured the city, played at the park, and discovered its a zoo out there! Here are some of my favorite photos from our visit to Cincy.




The Tyler Davidson Fountain, also known as Center Square Fountain, was dedicated in 1871. A beautiful centerpiece for a beautiful city.
This was my favorite thing to photograph in the city the evening we explored. I fell in love with the romanticism of the fountain. People would just sit, alone, and admire it for hours.It amazes me that something like this can bring so many people from all walks of life together in one place, and nothing need be said, just contentment.  It is a wonderful things to see in person. You may also reconize it from the late 1970's comedy show WKRP in Cincinnati. It was shown in the opening scene each episode.

KINGS ISLAND
a great place to relax, exert yourself, and get really wet!  We did all three..LOL. These are a few of my favorite photos from our trip there. We were kinda busy jumping on and off rides, so I didnt get to take many.


Now my FAVORITE part of Cincinnati..the ZOO!


OMG! I'm 40 yrs old and the only zoo I've ever visited in my life was Louisville Zoo. I just never had the opportunity to visit others zoos before now, and all I can say is WOW. It is a spectacular zoo. PLEASE visit it as soon as you can. The staff was extremely pleasant, and we went on a really hot day. I was happy that we chose to visit during the week and there were no crowds. Visually the zoo was exceptional. So many exhibits that were informative and entertaining. It was so nice to see animals that we dont have at the Louisville Zoo, and to share with staff and other zoo visitors about our own zoo. I was completely satisfied with my visit, other than the heat. I found myself not wanting to leave and cannot wait to take all the kids back for a visit as soon as possible. If you ever get the chance to visit, be sure to check for the opportunity to feed the giraffes. That was a once in a lifetime experience I will never forget. I was in photography heaven at this zoo! Hope you enjoy the photos.


What a face right? This was the sweetest Manatees you will ever meet. All the manatees we got to meet that day were rescued and are slowing returning to thier healthy happy selves. These Manatees will soon return to the wild where they will be among thier own, in an open sea to swim and swim..yay!




What I love about the photograph above is not only the sunshine breaking through the spiked leaves, but the layers of canopy.


Well duh! Who doesnt love flowers! I just thought this was a beautiful display of color and texture.


This lil guy, yep! Strike a pose! What a handsome lil fella.


This is actually one of my favorite photographs from our zoo adventure


Very Kewl!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
Married and mother of four beautiful children. My life is as busy as a circus. I am always on the go with my family but my photography is as much part of me as my family. Its may passion and joy. I love to put smiles on everyones faces and my photography is an outlet as well as a fix for my own happiness. I love my children and they were the ones who pulled the photographer out of me. As most young mothers we are constantly snapping a camera to capture those many first moments. But friends and family saw something in my photos that made them believe in my ability to create such works of beauty that led me here today. To God I give many thanks for my talents and my blessings. He is the one who enables me to do what I do and he will always be first in my life. I just pray that my camera will always capture joy not sadness and my works will always be appreciated and admired by those who reflect in my lens.