Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Flower, Bubbles and Sidewalk Chalk Art

When I read the following poem, I knew exactly who it reminded me of. Riley! She and I spent this afternoon drawing chalk art on her Mom's back patio. We drew balloon, kittens, flowers and trees. Then we rested and blew bubbles and enjoyed a chat. We had a great afternoon together.


Little Girls

Little girls are made of daisies and butterflies and soft kitty cat purrs
And all the precious memories of times that once were.

Little girls are made of angel's wings and giggles and a firefly's glow
And all the happy feelings, deep inside, that we all know.

Little girls are made of cinnamon and bubbles and fancy white pearls
And snowflakes and rainbows and ballerina twirls.

Little girls are made of sunshine and cupcakes and fresh morning dew,
And these are the reasons, little one, why everyone loves you.

Author: Karen Barnes


We started off alil stiff, Riley is shy but I got a feeling this pretty lil lady is a bit of a tomboy. She had no trouble jumping over the tree trunks and fallen limbs in the areas we were shooting. Its a hidden wooded area behind her house. Very haunted looking from the street, but beyond the entrance, it opened into a mystical place. Very open and airy once inside. It was actually a very cool place to shoot. I liked to using the woods for the backdrop, it gave depth to her photograph. Discovering new sights for sessions is always interesting. You never know how the subject will interact with the space around them, usually it shows on their face and in turn, the photograph. I think we did good with this sight, it served us well today. I'm very happy with the session we had. Riley is a pure joy to be around.



During our adventure to discover new places for photo sessions, we came to an entrance with a sign that stated, private property. I so wanted to continue, but I didn't want to break the law or get into trouble for trespassing so we stopped. I couldn't turn around because we had ditches on both sides and it was a small narrow road, so I parked and turned off the car. We got out and I made the decision to use the gravel road for our next set of photos. I could tell Riley was nervous not knowing where we were. So, I started to brag to her that she was a fabulous rock star and she should rock this photo session with some sass & attitude. I don't know about you, but I think she rocked it ok! Her personality totally switched on and she had her hands on her hips and modeled for me like a rock star.


With Riley's session I have many favorites, but this one really stands out for me because I saw how much fun she was having collecting flowers during the session. She is such a darlin.






we worked really hard on this particular photo...lol. She tried so hard to look up at me, but the sun was out just enough she couldn't do it. We tried closing your eyes for a minute, then popping them open all bright, but it still didn't work. I think its still a cute picture, squinting eyes and all!


Thank you for a beautiful afternoon of bubbles, sidewalk chalk art, girl talk and flower picking my precious sweet girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
Married and mother of four beautiful children. My life is as busy as a circus. I am always on the go with my family but my photography is as much part of me as my family. Its may passion and joy. I love to put smiles on everyones faces and my photography is an outlet as well as a fix for my own happiness. I love my children and they were the ones who pulled the photographer out of me. As most young mothers we are constantly snapping a camera to capture those many first moments. But friends and family saw something in my photos that made them believe in my ability to create such works of beauty that led me here today. To God I give many thanks for my talents and my blessings. He is the one who enables me to do what I do and he will always be first in my life. I just pray that my camera will always capture joy not sadness and my works will always be appreciated and admired by those who reflect in my lens.