Saturday, October 1, 2011

Just Keep Swimming

So our 9 yr old has been begging us to buy him some fish. We've made deals like, you keep your room clean for a month and we'll talk about it. Well of course before the month is halfway over the bedroom is such a mess you can't walk through it. I guess were nuts for thinking he would or even could keep it clean that long, but we were hopeful.
Occasionally while out he'll mention it again, and we'll put it off and bring up how he didn't keep the deal, but today Dad(Chris) decided to go ahead and buy him the fish and small fish bowl with the basic kit. I couldn't believe this kids face, and he has told me 100 times or more already that he is so happy about his fish and thanking us.
We've had our discussions about how long they are expected to live, and how often to feed them. I'm hoping these lil guys do indeed last awhile, but thankfully in case they don't, they are 38cents at Walmart. LOL. I couldn't resist taking a few photos of them considering these are our first fish. I have to admit I'm nervous about their survival, and Aaron's emotions toward them. He absolutely loves animals and there is  no doubt in mind that he'll be heart broken when the day comes that they float. But its an important lesson for him to learn about life, and we cant protect them from everything. Its better he learn how to deal with difficult situations as life brings them and this could be a great experience.

Meet Dialga and Palkia, these fish are named after Aaron's two favorite Pokemon



.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
Married and mother of four beautiful children. My life is as busy as a circus. I am always on the go with my family but my photography is as much part of me as my family. Its may passion and joy. I love to put smiles on everyones faces and my photography is an outlet as well as a fix for my own happiness. I love my children and they were the ones who pulled the photographer out of me. As most young mothers we are constantly snapping a camera to capture those many first moments. But friends and family saw something in my photos that made them believe in my ability to create such works of beauty that led me here today. To God I give many thanks for my talents and my blessings. He is the one who enables me to do what I do and he will always be first in my life. I just pray that my camera will always capture joy not sadness and my works will always be appreciated and admired by those who reflect in my lens.