Monday, October 17, 2011

Fall Favorites

Fall is a magical time of year. You can almost smell the carved pumpkins and candle wax as soon as the first leave falls from its deathly height. The cool crisp air wisps’ in riding on the bristles of a broom stick and suddenly everyone’s in the mood for hot chocolate and pumpkin pie.

I will be the first one to admit that it is my favorite time of year. Not for the costumes and trick or treating. But to me, it’s the calmest season of the year. I can feel the spirit of the world settling in for a winters nap. To me it’s a restful season. My body tends to sleep better during the fall. It’s a time to snuggle in and put on fuzzy socks. It’s just a comfort I can’t really explain, yet I know you understand what I mean.

This year it seems the season is struggling to come to a full circle. Its battling summers persisting grip on the earth. The fall winds came in the other day and I told my kids that every year for the rest of their lives they will see this happen. I can remember as a child standing firm in my back yard while the winds blew so hard I felt they could knock me off my feet. My eyes squinted shut, I could feel the leaves circling my feet and it was like I got caught in a magical tornado. Nature was twirling around me and even today I can remember how that felt. It was truly a wonderful moment that has stayed with me into my adult years. I guess everyone has a moment like that. A moment that is in scripted into their brains, they will never forget.

What do you love about fall? It’s a beautiful time of year for your five senses. You can see all the wonderful colors of fallorange, yellow, brown, green, and red. You can smell the wood burning, the pumpkins glowing and the chocolate simmering. You can feel the fall winds dancing through your hair and the taste of candy corn reminds you of no other season but fall. And lastly you can hear the howling of the winds as you sit snugly close to a crackling fire. The giggles of trick or treaters can be heard nearby, ringing your doorbell and the crunching of leaves under their feet as they race to the next house.

Camera in hand as usual I wanted to capture a few things around my home that I felt were beautiful reminders of why I love fall so much. I hope you enjoy!








send me some of your favorite fall photos. I may do a post of my fans favorite fall photographs if I get enough. Send to my email www.revflectionsphotography@yahoo.com
Dreamy Creamy Hot Chocolate
Ingredients
  • 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • 6 1/2 cups hot water
  • Mini Marshmallows (optional)
Directions
In a large saucepan, combine sweetened condensed milk, cocoa, vanilla and salt; mix well. Over medium heat, slowly stir in water; heat through, stirring occasionally. DO NOT BOIL. Top with marshmallows, if desired.
Tip: Chocolate can be stored in the refrigerator up to 5 days. Mix well and reheat before serving.
A few of our families favorite fall traditions are

1     visit to the pumpkins patch
2     drinking hot cocoa & reading spooky stories
3     long nature walks & leaf collecting
4     photography adventures
5     decorating for Halloween
6     kitchen fun making holiday candies & treats
7     raking the leaves and making a leaf man
8     Boo at the Zoo
9     Gathering to watch “It’s the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown”
What are some of your favorite autumn traditions? Share your favorite traditions & stories below in the comment section.














No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
Married and mother of four beautiful children. My life is as busy as a circus. I am always on the go with my family but my photography is as much part of me as my family. Its may passion and joy. I love to put smiles on everyones faces and my photography is an outlet as well as a fix for my own happiness. I love my children and they were the ones who pulled the photographer out of me. As most young mothers we are constantly snapping a camera to capture those many first moments. But friends and family saw something in my photos that made them believe in my ability to create such works of beauty that led me here today. To God I give many thanks for my talents and my blessings. He is the one who enables me to do what I do and he will always be first in my life. I just pray that my camera will always capture joy not sadness and my works will always be appreciated and admired by those who reflect in my lens.