Monday, October 10, 2011

Ten Years of Falling in Love

Special thanks to Heath Plum of

HHH Photography

Today my husband and I asked a personal favor of a close dear friend, who also happens to be a photographer. We wanted our 10 year Anniversary photos taken and wanted to make sure the session was personal and special. Heath quickly responded with a yes, and by 4pm today we were heading our truck toward Bardstown, Ky.
During our sessions we visited the convent in Bardstown, Sisters of Charity of Nazareth. Oh, wow! This place is beautiful. If you’re ever in Bardstown you must drive through there and experience the serene atmosphere. We were obviously very noticed being dressed from another era, but we couldn’t distract from the beauty of this place. It’s simply breathtaking.
During our session, we noticed several others using the grounds as their photographic backdrop. We worked quickly because we got a late start, and were losing light. But I am definitely planning a trip to go back just to photograph the campus. If I lived closer, I could see myself going there a lot to just ponder of life and taking a moment to breathe in the calmness of the place.

Per my request Heath used both cameras, his and mine. Being a photographer I wanted the opportunity to edited my own photos, because I had specific editing I wanted done, the coloring to make the photos feel aged.  Again, this was an important shoot for us. Our last photo session was back in 2006. So it had been awhile for us. I have to say being on the other side of the camera is strange..LOL. I found myself feeling awkward and silly. But I ran with it…giggling and laughing and enjoying my moments with my husband. Heath did a great job capturing our personalities.

He was patient and played with angles and lighting. I’ve been doing photography awhile longer than Heath, and I’ve worked with him on expanding ideas and thinking outside the box. Not copying another photographers work, but taking an idea and making it your own. I’ve helped him experiment with lighting, shadows and poses. We’ve even had several get togethers on learning Photoshop and playing with different techniques. He’s come a long way, and I’m proud of him. He is a truly talent friend and I love him. We’ve been great friends for about eight years now and our families have come to be very close over time.
Thank you Heath for helping us create the moments we wanted to capture. We appreciate your hard work and will cherish our photos forever and hope that they are heirlooms for generations after us to enjoy.
Rev 





 Happy Ten Years to my sweet, adorable and fabulous husband. I fall in love with you every day.I love you!

Its important to support all of our local photographers. Every photographer as a unique style and way of shooting that makes thier work thier own. I will always support other photographers and appreciate thier hard work. Each of us have a different eye for things and with that I understand that when you are searching for a photographer to capture you or your family, its important to see the differences we all have to offer in styles and techniques.


photo taken & edited by HHH Photograph

I mademy headbands, and Chris's flower and bowtie. I love the special little touches.



















No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
Married and mother of four beautiful children. My life is as busy as a circus. I am always on the go with my family but my photography is as much part of me as my family. Its may passion and joy. I love to put smiles on everyones faces and my photography is an outlet as well as a fix for my own happiness. I love my children and they were the ones who pulled the photographer out of me. As most young mothers we are constantly snapping a camera to capture those many first moments. But friends and family saw something in my photos that made them believe in my ability to create such works of beauty that led me here today. To God I give many thanks for my talents and my blessings. He is the one who enables me to do what I do and he will always be first in my life. I just pray that my camera will always capture joy not sadness and my works will always be appreciated and admired by those who reflect in my lens.